Wednesday 2 February 2011

Preliminary Task

Today Sheree and I created a short film for the preliminary task. We had to use shot/reverse shots and the 180 degree rule in our film.
This is a diagram explaining the 180 degree rule:


This was the plan/script we created for our film.
  • Emily walks in and sits down
  • SHOT/ REVERSE SHOT
  • Sheree: Hey Emily, did you watch that film on Channel 4 last night?
  • Emily: I watched that thriller film Taken if that's what you mean
  • 180 DEGREE RULE SHOT
  • Sheree: Yeah Taken, I thought it was pretty good
  • Emily: Yeah same, I thought it was going to be really scary but I don't think it was that bad
  • Sheree: Apart from the part when the girl was dragged from under the bed
  • Emily: oh and when he found the dead girl!
end of film.

instead of cutting between each person talking, we filmed the whole script from each person's view and then using the 180 degree rule, and then we were going to edit it so that the shots are mixed. During the filming, I furthered my knowledge on using the 180 degree shot as I hadn't really used it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment